Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's On My Wine-Mind Tonight?

Well, tonight I'm drinking a wine I know I've already blogged about (St. Clement Merlot) so instead of a new review, you just get what's swimming in my head right now.
  • A good friend, Bryan Radtke, has started a great new blogged called Uncorked Cincinnati centered on all things wine in the Cincinnati area, be sure to check it out.
  • For the first time in my life I personally know someone who is running for Congress, check out his campaign site here.
  • Now that we're into November all the wine-making activities have slowed down. My new wine is in the carboys just beginning to age a bit. I really do love this time of year for drinking wine. Something about the cooler temperatures and upcoming holidays that just really make opening a good bottle seem like an even better idea. I'm already thinking about what I'd like to open for Thanksgiving, not sure yet, plenty of good choices.
  • Loving this weather but ready for it to be just a bit cooler. Also really enjoying Bengals football for once, here's a toast to hoping it will last.
  • Starting to look forward to the Cincinnati area Barrel tasting coming up on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. About 5 local wineries open up to let you come in and sample the new wine right out of the barrel, one of the best wine events of the year in this area, check it out
Well, that's all for now, hope you're enjoying a nice glass this evening

No comments:

Post a Comment