Tuesday, April 21, 2009

EOS Estate Chardonnay

First off, thanks to an old friend for the last post on a good value wine from Spain, Mr. Tyler Haney. Funny how life works, we were great friends 15 years ago, then as everyone knows, life sends you off in your own different directions. Back at that time neither of us had even had a glass of wine, today thanks to social media we've reconnected and realized we are both passionate about it. I hope to continue seeing posts from Tyler on here increasing the amount of wines we can cover.

As for me, tonight I had a nice valued Chardonnay from EOS Estate. I first tried EOS Chardonnay several months ago at one of the favored shopping sites in Cincinnati - Jungle Jim's. They had a rep there giving out samples, and we bought a few bottles at the time. Since then we were finally able to find it in a nearby Kroger and got some more. At around $13.50 a bottle it's a very reasonably priced Chardonnay and once you try it I believe you realize it's well worth that price and more. My own personal notes on this one: a nose of toffee and earthy tones with a pallet of apricot, apple and buttery oak. We had this tonight with bacon wrapped shrimp, salad and a bread dip of tomatos and feta cheese and the wine was a perfect compliment. It made me really look forward to summer and wish our weather would finally turn that way. I hope you'll try the EOS, as always let me know what you think if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment