Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Wine Tasting Notes 4-1-09 Gato Negro Cab

It's Wednesday evening, which means middle of the week, time to wind down, relax a bit and get ready for Lost. I think I've found the perfect wine to just sit back, relax and sip on for the evening. Tonight I'm drinking a '08 Cabernet Sauvignon from Gato Negro in San Pedro, Chile. If you haven't tried them, Chilean wines are some of the best wines for the $ available right now in my opinion (if you don't believe me ask my good friend @bobbyarnold who was there recently). This particular Cab retails for under $10 which makes it great for any simple night or occasion.

The nose on this to me is a bit peppery and a lot o fruit aromas. Certainly nothing overpowering, but just about right. In the mouth it's a great balance of a dry wine being not too dry. Mild fruit flavors, medium tannins, and a silky finish. At this price point, I really really like this Cab. First time I tried this was at a local tapas restaurant when it was on special for $12 (not bad for a restaurant price!), and I enjoyed it a lot then. Since then I've found it for as low as around $6 locally. Please, if you like Cab's and are looking for some good deals - go find this wine and give it a try. If you do, I'm sure you'll enjoy the first miracle!
  • San Pedro Gato Negro Cabernet Sauvignon (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment