Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wine Tasting Notes for 3-25-09

Ok, tonight's a fun very affordable wine. My wife made brushetta for dinner and decided to open a bottle of CK Mondavi Chardonnay to go with it. This is a wine that retails for under $10 and can be found almost anywhere. Although it's a Chardonnay this drinks as a much fruitier and less dry wine than you might expect from a Chardonnay. On the nose I get aromas of fruits such as pineapple and peach. Upon first sip I get the usual buttery note typical of a Chardonnay. In your mouth it's all fruit and reminds me more of a Pinot Grigio than a Chardonnay. This is a good wine for a meal with a little spice and for just sipping on a hot summer day (which by the way it's not here in good old Cincy, rained pretty much all day). Anyway, for the taste and the price I'd definitely recommend this anytime your looking for a fun white wine. Hope you have some sometime and as always, enjoy the first miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment