Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wine Tasting Notes - Weekend Catch-up #1

So I'm a bit behind and need to catch up on my notes from the weekend. Three wines to review and I'll give them each their own note here. I'll start by saying - Friends are great! - especially when they bring wine over! Twice this past weekend we had friends over who brought a bottle each, and each time something I had never tried. So first off we have an interesting one, a 2002 Meritage Red from Grande River Vineyards in Colorado. You read that right, a red wine from Colorado. What's interesting is I've always said one would think Colorado could produce some good wines, after all, they get the most days of sunlight of any state in the union. This was my first chance to actually try a wine from Colorado. Well, I have to say, it was drinkable, but probably little more than that. One of our friends actually poured her glass out while 2 of us were fine finishing up a full glass. It turned out to be an extremely dry wine and left you truly feeling like cotton mouth. Flavor wise it was really not bad at all. All in all, I was glad to have finally tried a Colorado wine, and very grateful for our friends having brought one back for us, but probably wouldn't recommend it if you're taking a trip to the mountains anytime soon. Up next, something with some age from Sonoma. Enjoy the first miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment